Frequently Asked Questions
- WSRB Rating Report (Within City Limits)
- WSRB Rating Report (Outside City Limits)
- WSRB Map of Pierce County Fire District #5
- WSRB Map of Fox Island
- WSRB and Protection Classes: Answers to Your Residents’ Questions
- WSRB Website (Washington Survey and Rating Bureau)
The majority of our District received a new rating of a four (4), some outlying areas will see their rating changed to a nine (9).
Those whose property has changed to a nine (9) are based on meeting specific WSRB criteria:
- Distance the property is to a recognized responding and fully staffed fire station within five (5) road miles.
- Distance the property is to a standard fire hydrant.
- Fire department supplied water if the property is not near a standard fire hydrant (known as water tender operations).
If there are any questions regarding WSRB, please contact them directly at 206-217-0101. If you have any questions related to our Fire District, please call our headquarters at 253-851-3111.
138 total career staff
Total number of calls received in 2022: 7,016
- Fire: 120
- EMS/Rescue: 5,518
- Other: 1,378
Total number of calls received in 2021: 6,316
- Fire: 132
- EMS/Rescue: 4,945
- Other: 1,239
Total number of calls received in 2020: 6,134
- Fire: 147
- EMS/Rescue: 4,598
- Other: 1,389