Safe Sitter Classes
Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One offers a 3-day Safe Sitter® class to residents of Pierce County Fire District 5 (zip codes: 98332, 98333, and 98335). Capacity is limited to 12 students (ages 11-14). If a class has not reached capacity within two weeks before the scheduled date, the class will be opened up to neighboring districts.
Class Dates (3-day course) | $40.00 per student
- June 26, 27, and 28 CLASS FULL (Waitlist only for this date)
- July 24, 25, and 26 (2 SPOTS REMAIN AS OF 5/24/23)
- August 21, 22, and 23 (2 SPOTS REMAIN AS OF 5/24/23)
Safe Sitter Registration Form
How to Register:
We are excited to announce we are now accepting electronic payments for Safe Sitter!! To pay electronically, please email the completed Safe Sitter Registration Form to: email@example.com. Please note in the body of your email your best contact phone number and which date you would like to register your student for (please note these slots fill up fast, so multiple dates work, please list them in order of preference).
Once our staff can confirm the student lives within the district, their age, and the space available for your selected date, you will receive an email with a link to make the $40.00 payment. Payment needs to be received within 24 hours to keep the reserved date; otherwise, we will need to open it up to another student. If there is no space available for your selected date, you will receive a phone call with alternate date options if openings remain.
Emails are checked during regular business hours, Monday – Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm. If you submit your registration forms outside those hours, our staff will get back to you at their earliest convenience. Each request will arrive date/time stamped, so we will continue to respond based on the first received.
If you need an alternate payment option, please contact Melissa at 253-851-3111 ext. 5010 for further assistance.
What to Know:
- Click here to download the 2023 informational flyer.
- Classes start held at 9:00 am each day.
- Classes end at 1:00 pm the first two days. Day three ends at 12:00 pm.
- If students do not show up on the first day of class, we will notify the first student on the waitlist by 10:00 am.
- Students are allowed to bring snacks and beverages.
- Priority registration for Gig Harbor Fire District residents (zip codes 98332, 98333, and 98335). Out-of-area students may be added two weeks prior if space allows.
- The class is designed for students ages 11-14.
We appreciate your interest in our Safe Sitter classes. Due to modifications in program resourcing, Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One will only be offering the Safe Sitter course in the summer months. Please follow our social media channels or look to our website for updates on when the next course will be available.
A great option in the meantime is the “Babysitter Boss” series on You Tube, we use them in our lessons and they cover a TON of excellent babysitting information.