Safe Sitter Classes
Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One offers a 3-day Safe Sitter® class to residents of Pierce County Fire District 5 (zip codes: 98332, 98333 and 98335). Capacity is limited to 12 students (ages 11-14), if a class has not reached capacity within two weeks prior to the scheduled date, the class will be opened up to neighboring districts.
Upcoming Class Dates in 2022:
- June 27th, 28th and 29th
August 15th, 16th, and 17th(Class Full – Waitlist only)
What to Know:
- Click here to download informational flyer.
- Classes start held at 9:00 am each day.
- Classes end at 1:00 pm the first two days. Day three ends at 12:00 pm.
- If students do not show up the first day of class, we will notify the first student on the waitlist by 10:00 am.
- Students are allowed to bring snacks and beverages.
- Priority registration for Gig Harbor Fire District residents (zip codes 98332, 98333, and 98335). Out of area students may be added two weeks prior to class start if space allows.
- The class is designed for students ages 11-14.
Cost and Required Forms:
A class fee of $40.00 is required at time of registration and includes: student handbook, course completion card, drawstring bag, flashlight, important numbers notepad, and a bandage dispenser. We are only able to accept cash or check which can be made payable to PCFD#5.
How to Register:
Bring the registration form, student contract and the $40.00 fee* in person Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm to Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One Headquarters located at 10222 Bujacich Road NW.
*Please know we can only accept cash or check payment.