Safe Sitter Classes
Our Summer 2022 classes have now commenced.
Future openings will be announced on our website and social media when registration opens and more dates are available.
Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One offers a 3-day Safe Sitter® class to residents of Pierce County Fire District 5 (zip codes: 98332, 98333 and 98335). Capacity is limited to 12 students (ages 11-14), if a class has not reached capacity within two weeks prior to the scheduled date, the class will be opened up to neighboring districts.
Upcoming Class Dates in 2022:
Our summer classes have now commenced. Future openings will be announced on our website and social media.
What to Know:
- Click here to download informational flyer.
- Classes start held at 9:00 am each day.
- Classes end at 1:00 pm the first two days. Day three ends at 12:00 pm.
- If students do not show up the first day of class, we will notify the first student on the waitlist by 10:00 am.
- Students are allowed to bring snacks and beverages.
- Priority registration for Gig Harbor Fire District residents (zip codes 98332, 98333, and 98335). Out of area students may be added two weeks prior to class start if space allows.
- The class is designed for students ages 11-14.
Cost and Required Forms:
A class fee of $40.00 is required at time of registration and includes: student handbook, course completion card, drawstring bag, flashlight, important numbers notepad, and a bandage dispenser. We are only able to accept cash or check which can be made payable to PCFD#5.
How to Register:
Bring the registration form, student contract and the $40.00 fee* in person Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm to Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One Headquarters located at 10222 Bujacich Road NW.
*Please know we can only accept cash or check payment.