Car Seat Installation Checks
We know car seats can be confusing, so we offer free in-person car seat safety checks for residents within our district (98332, 98333, and 98335). These are private educational visits customized just for you. We will walk you through the process and observe to make sure you are doing it correctly – but all adjustments and installing will be done by you, so you gain the confidence and skill to do it on your own.
Once you complete the following form, our technician will contact you directly to schedule a time for you to come and meet with them. Please know we cannot accommodate drop-in car seat checks at our stations.
Things to know:
- Appointments are typically between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, based on our technician’s availability.
- Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time with an unpacked car seat, ideally with the owner’s manual.
- Since this is an educational appointment, please arrive with the car seat installed. However, we understand if you are unable to.
- Having the child present for the visit is ideal; however, pregnant mothers, soon-to-be fathers, or grandparents are still welcome if the child isn’t present.
- Click the following link to view the current Washington State car seat law: https://wacarseats.com/.
- Click here to view helpful information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
*Washington State Law requires children up to age 2 to be properly secured in a rear-facing car seat